Monday, April 11, 2011

It's Monday! What are you reading?! (4)

It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. I'd highly recommend joining this meme and taking a peek at the others who are participating as well!

This is up a little late today. I'd planned on doing it yesterday because it was supposed to thunderstorm, but it didn't start until late at night and I spent my entire day outside in the 80 degree sunshine! Feels like summer!

I Read 3 Books:
1. How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff
It's our book club pick for April; I finished it in less than a day.
2. Everyday Psychokillers by Lucy Corin
This was actually required reading, but I'm going to review it like a normal book because I enjoyed it enough.
3. Cloaked by Alex Flinn
Got this through Amazon Vine, and so I sort of jumped it ahead of some of my other books. It took me less than a day as well, though, so that's pretty sweet.

This Past Week on the Blog:
1. Last week's It's Monday! post
2. Top Ten (er, Two) Book Covers I Wish I Could Redesign
3. Review: The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
4. Review: The Angel by Nastasha LaBrake

Upcoming on the Blog:
1. Top Ten Books I Want to See Made Into Movies
2. Review: Favorite by Karen McQuestion
3. Review: How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff

To Read:
1. Beloved by Toni Morrison
I read this my freshmen year of high school- it wasn't even required, I was just such a book nerd that I decided to read it anyways. I'm definitely ready for a refresher, and I'm also doing a group project on Toni Morrison so of course I've gotta read her most well-known novel.
2. Drought by Pam Bachorz
Another Amazon Vine, so that's going to be after Beloved.
3. Life on Hold by Karen McQuestion
For review- I've gotta keep putting this one off. Hopefully things go well this week.
4. TBD- Another Toni Morrison novel. I'm not sure which it will be yet- that's up to me and one of my group members to decide.


I think it's most likely that I'll get through Beloved and then maybe one other novel this week, but hopefully I get ambitious and make it through three.

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment