Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Top Ten Book Covers I Wish I Could Redesign

Top Ten Tuesday
TTT is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. It's a lot of fun so stop by if you get the chance :)

Top Ten (er, Two) Covers I Wish I Could Redesign

I'm sure if I had the time to go through every book I've read and consider ideas for "better" covers, I'd be able to make this list. However, I'm just going to have to settle for the two covers that need to be completely redone.

1. Nailed by Jennifer Laurens: This is referring to the first cover. It didn't show who the characters really were AT ALL. The main character looked old, and the guys were creepy looking. Then the second cover was released, which makes me much happier.


2. Princess Ben by Catherine Murdock: Ben is referred to throughout the book as being a heavier girl. In fact, this is one of her defining characteristics. Why isn't she shown on the cover this way? I suppose that her outfit is meant to "disguise" this, but there is nothing about her that gives the impression of being heavier. This really bothers me, and I'm sure there are plenty of books out there that portray the main characters as different from who they are described to be. Probably because people won't read books with an "unattractive" girl on the cover. Whatever. That's all I've got to say on the matter.
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment