Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Top Ten Books I Wish I Could Read Again For the First Time

TTT is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. It's a lot of fun so stop by if you get the chance :)
Top Ten Books I Wish I Could Read Again For The First Time


1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I feel like this is one of the books that everybody wants to re-read, but it's impossible to truly experience the magic when you know how everything ends up. I wish I could go back to being in suspense, always wondering what would happen next.

2. Twilight
by Stephenie Meyer. When I first read this, I was young and my opinions on good books were a lot different. I would like to go back and read this as a college student (as opposed to a middle schooler) and get a new perspective.

3. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson. Once again, I was young when I read this the first time, and I didn't really realize what a real piece of literature I had my hands on.

4. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. Same thing. Young. Oblivious to literature.

5. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. I cried so much reading this book. It was a constant tear-jerker, from beginning to end. I'd love to go back and do that all again.

6. The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton. Another tear-jerker that I'd like to experience for the first time.

7. Dreamland by Sarah Dessen. One of my favorites; I was so shocked the first time I read it, I'd love to feel that again.

8. Undone by Brooke Taylor. I was very excited to read this book because the hype at the time was unbelievable... it was everyone's new favorite. I was disappointed, but I'm not sure if that's because I was just busy and unable to enjoy it, or because my expectations were too high. I'd like to go back and try this again.

9. Harry Potter (series) by J. K. Rowling. I'm sure everyone wants to relive their first magical moments with this boy wizard.

10. The Host by Stephenie Meyer. I love this book, and I want to relive it over and over and over again!

1 comment:

  1. I loved The Hunger Games as well! :) I literally had The Hunger Games weekend. It started on Thursday I think and I finished Sunday night! I couldn't stop reading - I wasn't even sleeping :P It was practically a waste of time to sleep. It was a nice experience!

    About Speak - I've seen the movie, huh, I think 3 times. I loved the movie and I've always said I will read the book as well but then always forgot - So seriously thanks for reminding me to read it!

    happy reading,
    nea

    ReplyDelete