Monday, March 19, 2012

Water for Elephants [movie review]

Water for Elephants
Starring Robert Pattinson, Reese Witherspoon
Fox 2011

Based on Sara Gruen's novel, Water for Elephants is a movie that tries to recapture the magic from the novel and transform it into something that can be witnessed through film.

I am happy to say that the movie was a success. I am not somebody who is extremely picky about things staying true to the book, because I know that the things that make a good book are not always the things that make a good movie, but this movie was able to retain all the important aspects of the book and still make a decent movie. It was hard not to be nit-picky when I had just finished reading the book, but in reality there is very little to nit-pick at. The movie was very well done, and I must say that Robert Pattinson makes a much better vet than he does a vampire.

No comments:

Post a Comment