Monday, September 20, 2010

Going Too Far

I finished this book mere moments ago, and my first reaction is to write a complete fan-girl review.

However, I am forcing myself to remain calm.

This book was impossible to put down. Right at the beginning, I was instantly drawn to Meg... I don't necessarily agree with the way she thinks (I really didn't like her attitude towards sex, but I am willing to overlook that because it's part of her personality and I don't judge) but I was intrigued by the things she did... I was so curious to figure out why she acted the way she did.

And then, John was introduced. I'm sure I'm not the only one who was immediately attracted to John. The chemistry and attraction between Meg was undeniable, and it made the book steamy and interesting. The fact that he was also overcoming an issue made me sympathize with both main characters.

I'd like to point out, this book was very smutty. This is not necessarily a bad thing: after all, I couldn't put it down, nor could I keep myself from smiling dumbly when it got to the mushy parts. That's just the hopeless romantic in me. But I almost wish that the book placed a bit more emphasis on Meg and John's fears. These fears basically defined who they were, and it seemed like it was placed second to their relationship, which made it hard for me to take their problems that seriously.

The resolution also seemed a bit rushed to me. It's almost unbelievable that one week of knowing each other and they can miraculously cure each other of their phobias they've had since childhood. I almost wish the ending wasn't quite so cheery and optimistic. But that's just me.

Overall, this book is good for some fluff and an interesting story, but I wouldn't expect anything extremely mind-blowing. I'd definitely recommend it, though, for a fun read.

3 comments:

  1. I loved this book a lot. John After is very awesome. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why yes, he is :) Quite an awesome fictional guy.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not mind blowing? Well, not necessary for me right now! lol. With being fluffy, I'll read it. :) Great review.

    ReplyDelete