Sunday, September 19, 2010

Mockingjay


Hmm, what can I say about Mockingjay? While I haven't gotten around to reading very many reviews of it, I'm sure that everything I think has been thought by someone else, somewhere.

The problem is, I can't decide what to think. I finished this book three weeks ago, and I still cannot come to a decision about whether I loved it, hated it, or if it was just okay.

So, let's break it down.

Characters: They just didn't seem right to me. They didn't feel like the characters that I was starting to get to know, and it's probably because that's what happens when everything changes. However, Katniss bothered me like she has never bothered me before.

Pacing: Okay, this book was paced perfectly. There wasn't a page that went by that I didn't HAVE to know what happened next. I was reading during lectures, in between classes, at one of my roommate's dance recital... I could not stop.

Plot: As far as what was happening, I'm not sure that I totally want to go with it. It made sense, but it just didn't sit right with me. There really is no good way for me to describe it, it's just an intuitive feeling I have.

Ending: This is the hardest part to analyze. And I don't want to. Let's just say... ehhhh.

Overall: I enjoyed the book. But in comparison with the first two, it could have been better. I plan on re-reading the whole series next summer, and perhaps I will come up with a definite opinion then.

1 comment:

  1. I have not read any books in this series, yes I know, I'm missing out a lot! But they do sound great.

    ReplyDelete