Sunday, October 14, 2012

Read-a-thon End of Event Meme: The Final Update

 
End of Event Meme
  1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
    Probably hour... 16? Or so? The time I went to bed.
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
    All of the books I read were really good and kept my interest. Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson, Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan (and the other two collaborations by them would also be awesome for the readathon), and The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold, which I'm sure everyone else has read by now.
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
     More cheerleaders? I was excited to have people commenting on my posts and cheering me on, but didn't see a lot of that happening. More than usual, definitely, but I'd want to see each blog getting a good amount of attention, no matter how big or small.
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
    Twitter! Twitter support was so great!
  5. How many books did you read?
    2.5
  6. What were the names of the books you read?
    Wintergirls, Dash and Lily's Book of Dares, and half of The Lovely Bones
  7. Which book did you enjoy most?
    Dash and Lily. Super cute :)
  8. Which did you enjoy least?
    I loved them all but if I were to pick I'd say... Wintergirls. But that's holding it up to some high standards, so please don't take that to mean that I disliked the book in any significant way.
  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
    Just what I said before... get around more. But I understand that there were too many readers and not enough cheerleaders.
  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
    100% likely. I'll be half cheerleader half reader next time.

    And I'm going to add a few of my own questions...
  11. How many pages did you read? 
    752
  12. How much time did you spend reading?
    Approximately 10 hours. Woo!
Readathon was super great, and I want to thank everyone who stopped by my blog, commented on my posts, and supported me via Twitter! I'm definitely looking forward to April and I hope to be even more involved!

Jane

3 comments:

  1. I agree; It's super great to have cheerleader, but they didn't get around enough. I would love to participate as a cheerleader in the future, but I also need to get reading done! I like your idea of being half cheerleader half reader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 752 pages! I loved Dash and Lily's, am currently reading The Lovely Bones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great read-a-thon! I loved Dash and Lily when I read it last Christmas. It was just charming. Thanks for taking the time to stop at my blog!

    ReplyDelete