Wednesday, February 2, 2011

February is Black History Month!

Black History Month is here yet again!

This is a month to celebrate black people throughout history. Whether we take the time to learn more about some more current black icons, such as Barack Obama or Oprah Winfrey, or we go back in time and explore the literature of Phillis Wheatley or Frederick Douglass, there are plenty of different ways to experience this wonderful month.

I'm going to celebrate this month in my own way: by reading YA literature about black people, and other people of color, and spotlighting those books on my blog. Hopefully I'll be able to find other ways to celebrate on my blog, but I think that this will be a good start.

I hope that others will join me in my celebration of this month. I feel like there is a whole world of YA black/colored literature that should be explored, and what better time to explore it than Black History Month!

Jane

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to celebrate Black History Month. I think I'll try and find a couple books with main characters being of African American decent.

    ReplyDelete