Top Ten Tuesday
TTT is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Go visit and join, you won't regret it.
Top Ten Characters I'd Name My Children After
1. Katniss from The Hunger Games. I have a feeling I'm not the only one with this on my list. The name is not only unique, but Katniss as a character is truly someone that I look up to and admire, and I would like any daughter to have similar characteristics and values.
2. Remy from This Lullaby. Once again, another empowering female character. Perhaps I wouldn't want my daughter to be like Remy (she's a bit of a rebel) but I'd love to pay tribute to Sarah Dessen for creating such wonderful characters.
3. Gemma from The Gemma Doyle Trilogy. I'm sensing a pattern of strong female characters with wonderful names. Plus, she's magical. Ohhh yeahhh.
4. Lisbeth from The Millennium Trilogy. I might switch it to Elizabeth for simplicity, but this woman is someone who fascinates me. She's so BA and totally smart, and I just wish I was more like her.
5. Kara from Ballads of Suburbia. Stephanie Kuehnert is freakin' incredible when it comes to creating messed up characters. And Kara's journey is gripping and exciting.
6. Parker from Cracked Up to Be. I loved this book, and I love the name because it can be either a girl or a boy.
7. Jace from The Mortal Instruments Series. This guy is just... yeahhh. Damn sexy. Love him!
8. Jared from The Host. Stephenie Meyer deserves a LOT of credit for this wonderful novel. I loved the love triangle which is why Jared would be a wonderful name for a boy.
9. Gale from The Hunger Games. Team Gale, all the way. He's the female Katniss. Maybe if I have twins, I'll name them Gale and Katniss. And twins run in the family, so we'll see!
10. Dexter from This Lullaby. To be honest, Dexter was my first book crush. The reason I love him so much is because he is real. He's funny and not super sexy but still very lovable and there is nothing better than a real guy.
So now you tell me... who would YOU name your children after??
PS. I love the excuse to add colors to my post. It makes it so much happier!
PPS. One of the benefits of TTT: I can plan my posts ahead of time. This is so much fun I'm already itching to start the next post!