Friday, July 2, 2010

An Abundance of Katherines

I'd like to begin this review by saying that John Green is a fabulous author, and if you haven't read anything by him, then you need to pick up any one of his books, pronto.

Now, onto the review. An Abundance of Katherines did not disappoint. This is what I was expecting: an amazing, funny, and insightful book. What did I get? An amazing, funny, and insightful book.

I loved the characters. Colin was such a geek, and I love that about him. His friend Hassan was hilarious, and they were both wonderfully realistic.

I loved the humor, and also the footnotes were such an awesome way to share extra tidbits of insight. Books with footnotes have something special. (See: The Boyfriend List; Bad Kitty)

The insight was also incredible. It didn't sound at all preachy, like some books are. It was just a revelation made by a guy who wants to figure his life out. I really loved how things turned out for Colin!

There is only one bit of criticism, and that is that the book was predictable. However, I enjoyed it enough and was intrigued enough by the journey, that the predictable ending didn't bother me too much.

Overall, it was wonderful! Definitely give it a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment