Saturday, July 17, 2010

Blogger Buzz: Katie's Book Blog

I realize that this idea probably isn't very original or new, but I wanted to get to know a few of the bloggers that I have and will come in contact with. I decided the best way to do this would be by interviewing them, so that way anybody who reads my blog can learn about other bloggers as well!
Here's my first interview!
Name: Katie

Blog: Katie's Book Blog
URL: www.katiesbookblog.com
Blogging for the past: 1 year, 5 months or so
Short bio: I am a college student who loves to read anything YA (and some paranormal romance!). I also love music, movies, and macaroni and cheese. =]
1-Why did I start my blog?
I started my blog to share my love of YA books and just to get my thoughts out there. My friends read but not like I do. It's hard to talk to them about books because they don't necessarily want to listen. I found a place where people want to listen on my blog.
2-What is my favorite book from the past year and why?
This is the hardest question for me to answer. I honestly don't know what my favorite book from the past year is. I'm torn between The Body Finder, Hex Hall, and Before I Fall. And none of those books have anything in common except amazing writing. I guess the reason I loved them so much was because they were so easy to get into and I loved the characters. Characters are my favorite part of a book and if I don't like them, I don't like the book. When there are amazing characters in books, like in these three, I fall in love with the book. =]
3-If I could meet any author who would it be?
This is another hard one. I would choose either JK Rowling or Gail Carson Levine. Those authors really got me reading. Harry Potter and Ella Enchanted were my favorite books when I was younger and I read them over and over again. There was one point in my life where I kind of gave up reading but I still had to read the new Harry Potter when it came out. Once I read it, I fell in love with reading again. If it wasn't for those books I don't know that I would even have a blog. I probably wouldn't even read. So those authors mean a lot to me. I would love to meet either one of them. Or both!
4-What is my favorite meme?
Waiting on Wednesday. I find out about some awesome books through WOW posts. I sometimes have trouble finding new books online so I go to those posts. Everybody usually has a different pick so it's a great way to spread the word.
5-Can I give any advice to new/aspiring bloggers?
Talk to other bloggers. Comment on other blogs. Use twitter and facebook. There are so many things I could say. There weren't nearly as many bloggers when I started my blog so I pretty much went in blind. I had no clue what I was doing. As more blogs were started, I noticed what they were doing. You have to put yourself out there.
6-What has been my favorite blogging moment/experience?
That would be the first time an author commented on my blog. I did'nt even know authors read my blog and then one of them commented. I ran out to the living room to tell my mom. Yes I am 18 but I had to go share that with my mom and dad. Even now I still get excited every time an author comments or follows my blog.
7-How do I manage time between real life and blogging?
It's hard. The summer is the easiest time for me to blog because I don't have school but it's still hard because I do have other things to do. When I am in school I don't always get to post as much as I would like but I always make time for my blog even if it means getting a little less sleep. If nothing else I schedule a ton of posts when I have free time. I don't think I will ever be too busy for my blog!
8-Do my real life friends/family/teachers/etc. know about your blog?
Only some of them. For the longest time I didn't wany anybody to know about it. I wouldn't even tell my parents. Eventually I realized that I didn't care what people thought about it so I told my close friends. They thought it was awesome. The only teacher that I have told was my Lit professor last semester because it turned out she loved YA books. Now I don't really care who knows. If I meet someone who is interested in YA, I tell them but it's not something I advertise. =]
9-Has blogging helped you in any indirect way?
Blogging has helped me become a little more outgoing. I am a very shy person, even on the internet. I realized that being shy wasn't going to help me with my blog so I got over my fear of talking to people that I don't know. I talk to lots of bloggers now that I have never met in person but they are some of the nicest people I know. They also helped convince me to come out of my shell a bit in real life and because of that I have made some new friends. So yes blogging has helped me.
10-Where do I see my blog in the future?
Better than it is now. I don't have any plans to stop blogging and I just want to improve. I like my blog the way it is but there is always room for improvement. I can't see what it will be like in the future but I know it will be there and updated regularly. Blogging is one of my favorite things to do and I won't stop until I'm forced to.
---

Thanks for participating, Katie! And just so everyone knows, I love Katie's blog, and I'm glad she's planning on keeping it going for quite awhile.

Also, I'm hoping to make Blogger Buzz into a regular feature on my blog. If anyone else is interested in participating, just shoot me an email at janestoryblog@hotmail.com and let me know. I'd be happy to work with anyone who's interested!

Jane

1 comment:

  1. This is a really cool feature. Finding out more about book bloggers is always cool. :)

    ReplyDelete