Sunday, July 4, 2010

In My Mailbox: Week 1

Information about In My Mailbox can be found here on The Story Siren's blog!

Sadly, nothing in my mailbox, but I did buy two books this week!

1. Charlie St. Cloud (AKA The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud) by Ben Sherwood

Why?
I saw the movie trailer, and it looks like an amazing movie. I saw that it was originally a book, and I thought I'd challenge myself to read the book before seeing the movie.



2. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

Why?
I am a very dedicated reader of Entertainment Weekly, and the recent raves about this book have been overwhelming me. It is supposed to be absolutely amazing. I wanted to see what it was all about.

Neither of these are YA, which is my preferred genre, but I still like to try new things out every once in awhile. Anyone have any thoughts on these books?

3 comments:

  1. Charlie St. Cloud is a book? I'll have to come back and read your review!

    Hope you enjoy them both! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. I borrowed it from the library a little while ago but never got around to it. :( I look forward to your review! I also didn't know that Charlie St. Cloud was a book. It sounds really great though.

    Happy reading Jane! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two great books! Is that boy on the cover of Charlie St. Cloud that guy from High School Musical. Totally cute! Hope the books are great!

    ReplyDelete