Friday, August 6, 2010

Almost to Die For: A Vampire Princess Novel

I wasn't sure what to expect when I got my hands on this book. I love a good paranormal book every once in awhile, and so I decided to give it a shot.

I was pleasantly surprised with the result. This book featured a realistic teenage girl (although I must say, she was a bit too whiny for my taste) who happened to be a witch. Interesting enough. And then she finds out that the father she's never known was a vampire. And that the witches and vampires are enemies.

This was definitely a book that I enjoyed. It was not perfect by any means. Like I mentioned earlier, the main character was just a little annoying. I also got frustrated by the fact that once again, there is a witch/vampire book that features not only one but two amazingly hot and wonderful guys, who are both pining for the plain girl. This bothers me so much. It also bothers me when the main character can only complain about it.

Despite my dislike of the main character, I did like the different take on this popular genre. The way the vampires and witches were portrayed was very different and unique, and definitely not anything I've seen before.

Overall, I'd say the book was decent enough. Will I be jumping in the air for the sequel? Probably not. But I will continue with this series as long as I get the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment