Sunday, August 1, 2010

In My Mailbox: Week 3

Information about In My Mailbox can be found here on The Story Siren's blog!
Once again, no literal mailbox books. I did take a wonderful trip into the great city of Chicago with some good friends, and of course we stopped at a couple of bookstores. =]

1. Peace, Love, and Baby Ducks by Lauren Myracle

Why?
It was on sale. And it looks cute. :)







2. 501 Spanish Verbs

Why?
Going to study some Spanish in college... this was the most helpful book that my high school teacher had in her classroom, so I knew I had to get one for my dorm room.






3. Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink

Why?
It looks absolutely amazing, and as an added bonus: the sequel is being released today. =]







4. Say You're One of Them by Uwem Akpan

Why?
After reading Chinua Achebe's Things Fall Apart last year, I really want to read more African American novels. This is part of my grand plan to expand my literature to something outside of YA fiction.






Now, as a side note, I apologize for the lack of reading and reviewing lately. I've been in the process of moving, and then on top of that I just got my wisdom teeth pulled. Basically: it's been pretty stressful. Thanks for sticking through it with me!

Jane

1 comment:

  1. I recently won Prophecy of the Sisters and can't wait to get it. I've heard it's awesome. Also, Say You're One Of Them is supposedly brilliant. I hope you enjoy everything Jane! :)

    ReplyDelete