Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Shiver

I finished Shiver late on Saturday night, and I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome.

This book mixes romance and the supernatural with a not-so unique twist: two lovers who can never be with each other. It was almost too sweet how amazing Sam and Grace's relationship was. They were passionate and fun, and they had a connection that was almost unimaginable.

The supernatural part is that Sam is a werewolf, and Grace is not.

Shiver was filled with suspense, and events that keep the reader wanting more. It's a real page-turner, and despite my problem with a few implausible events, I couldn't help but keep reading. I had to know what happened, and the ending kept me wanting even more- immediately!

However, I did have a minor problem with this book: it seemed unrealistic. I know that any book that involves werewolves is unrealistic, but I felt like it just wasn't thought out enough. The idea that the werewolves change with the temperature is an interesting concept, but it seems too inconsistent throughout the book (although that is part of the mystery of the werewolves). I also had a huge problem with Grace's negligent parents- they seem like they are even more clueless than any parent ever could be.

Despite these slight flaws, I thought that this book was definitely worth my time. Between the adorable romance, the suspense, and the very descriptive language, Shiver is a book that makes readers fall in love, and if you're anything like me you will be dying to get your hands on Linger.

No comments:

Post a Comment