Saturday, August 14, 2010

Linger


This sequel to the wonderful novel Shiver definitely did not disappoint.

My favorite part about Linger was that it answered most of the burning questions that we were left with at the end of Shiver. I had questions about the wolves and about Sam and Grace's relationship, and it answered those questions as well as introducing new conflicts and ideas.

I also really enjoyed the incorporation of new characters into the story. While it bothers me that there were two entirely new narrators, I was also pleased because I think that's how it should have been in the first place. There were a few places that I got confused with who was talking, but overall Maggie Stiefvater did a good job alternating points of view.

Like Shiver, Linger was a book that leaves the reader wanting more. I can't get enough of this series. I love the characters, all of which have such unique and interesting stories and ideas, and I love the writing. These books have a way of painting wonderful pictures in my head, and I can't wait to see what Stiefvater comes up with next.

I would definitely recommend these books to anybody who could go for a good love story, or even a good werewolf story.

No comments:

Post a Comment