Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Unwritten Rule


Elizabeth Scott has done it again.

Once again she has written a book that had me completely awed. Scott has the ability to write novels that leave me thinking, and always wanting more.

The thing that I really loved about The Unwritten Rule was how realistic it was. Previously in Elizabeth Scott's novels, I've noticed a lot of cheesy, happy endings. Not to say that this book didn't have a happy ending, but it was done in the right way.

I also loved the characters. The main character, Sarah, is easy to sympathize with. She is an average girl with an average problem: she likes her best friend's boyfriend. I think it's easy to say that the majority of us have been there. And her best friend, Brianna, is easy to dislike. However, she also gets a huge sympathy vote because of her uncaring parents. The male lead, Ryan, is likable enough, but easily forgotten.

This wasn't my favorite of Elizabeth Scott's books, but it was still worth the read. I couldn't put it down.

2 comments:

  1. Glad it wasn't too bad. I have this...need to read it though. Need to read more of her books in general really. haha Sometimes cheesy endings are okay, sometimes not. Glad this one was more realistic.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this book was so sweet and adorable. Elizabeth Scott can do no wrong.

    ReplyDelete